WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN TRAVELING TO INDIA:An Kiran Infertility Center Surrogacy Intended Parent Guide
This is a guide to preparing and traveling to India. Use this as a resource to plan sight-seeing, dining out and general information about the culture of India.
About Indian Culture
- India has two main religionsHindu and Muslim.
- Most meal options at your hotel or dining out will be chicken or lamb.
- Lots of American fast-food chains like: Dominos, Pizza Hut, KFC, McDonalds, Subway etc
- Nightlife: Many pubs, discos: Hard Rock, F-bar, Rain, Poison, Kismet, etc
- Indian people are friendly and interested in Americans. You may be asked to take photos with children/locals when out in the city.
- When out exploring the city please do not give money to beggars in the street. You will have women using their children to obtain money or food from you. Please make note that if you give in to just one you can become overwhelmed by multiple panhandlers. As an American you will be targeted with this type of behavior.
- Muslim women (the ones w/only their eyes showing) are not comfortable with having their photos taken, so please take caution and be respectful of that.
Myths About India
- Terrorist attacks are frequent because it is the Middle East. While there are precautions taken at certain markets and hotels it is just for safety. Don't be alarmed as India is a safe place to travel to if provided all the right tools.
- As a woman you have to dress as conservative as possible. While being aware of your surroundings and the culture you are visiting is important don't let it hinder your trip. You can wear tank tops, shorts and dresses. Just don't overdo it with cleavage or mini-skirts.
Sight Seeing Options in IndiaTo know more about the facilities and site-seeing options in Hyderabad –the city you are traveling to,
click : http://www.kiranivfgenetic.com/about-hyderabad.html
We provide stay at a leading 5 Star Hotel with all world class facilities and you also have an option to stay at our Service Apartment (KIC has 3 in the city)
1. Fully furnished with TV/Supplies/AC/Kitchen/Internet
2. Professionally managed housekeeping, laundry and cooking services
3. Round the clock security with close circuit TV in the corridor
4. Full time nurse
5. Includes 3 meals
US Consulate in HyderabadOffice of Consular Affairs, ACS
Consulate General of the United States of America, Hyderabad
1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane
Begumpet, Secunderabad 500 003
Telephone: +91 (40) 4033-8300
Electronics in IndiaYou will need a converter for any electronics you plan on using while in India. Most hotels will have this available for your use while there. Without the converter you will be unable to charge your laptops, cell phones etc.
- Clinic Visits while in India (varies for pre-birth & post birth)
- Chauffer will pick you up and take you to and from appointments.
- You will receive a local cell phone upon arrival with 100 minutes of local talk time loaded onto it. This phone will be returned upon departure from India.
- This is something that will be provided to you upon arrival to India.
Contacts at Clinic